25 Interesting Facts About Weed
By Rolling Up
How much do you know about cannabis? Here are 15 interesting facts from FactSlides that we enjoyed learning about.
- Only about 9% of users become clinically dependent, according to a study.
- Legalizing marijuana would generate $8.7 billion in federal and state tax revenue a year.
- Marijuana is legal and is not even classified as a drug in North Korea.
- California was the first U.S. state that banned marijuana a century ago.
- In Colorado, medical marijuana dispensaries outnumber Starbucks locations 3 to 1.
- The first recorded use of marijuana was in China, over 4700 years ago.
- Rastafarians are legally allowed to possess marijuana in Italy due to it being a “sacrament” to the religion.
- In India, it is not uncommon to consume marijuana in milkshake form.
- The first thing ever bought and sold across the internet was a bag of marijuana around 1971.
- Bob Marley was buried with his red Gibson guitar, a bible open to Psalm 23 and a bud of marijuana.
- In the Netherlands, there are dozens of public facilities where you can bring recreational drugs including marijuana, cocaine and ecstasy to test if they are safe.
- 18.3% of Iceland's population uses cannabis, placing them as the top marijuana consuming nation in the world.
- A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to die of an overdose.
- Scientists detected traces of Cannabis on pipes found in William Shakespeare's garden.
- The woman who made cannabis brownies famous by baking and distributing them to AIDS patients was actually called Mary Jane.
Thank you to Factslides for collecting and sharing this information! We hope you learned something new.